Keep Your Crew Safe – and Healthy
Every day, 1 million shipments of hazardous materials are transported in the U.S. Last year alone, the U.S. Department of Transportation processed more than 20,000 incident reports involving hazardous materials.1
Our job is to protect your crew’s health and safety throughout their journey, every step of the way.
Whether you transport through trucking, railway, air or water, occupational and environmental health and safety (OEHS) experts work with your team by reducing risks to keep transportation workers healthy and safe.
Learn more about how your transportation company can improve the health climate for your workers and access valuable resources.
1 Source: erailsafe.com; U.S. Dept. of Transportation
Worker Health and Safety in the News
Read the latest news articles and stories about the AIHA’s Worker Health and Safety initiative and its efforts, including media interviews with our leadership and volunteers.
- AIHA President Donna Heidel on Land Line Now (February 14, 2023)
- New AIHA Safety Resources for Truckers (WorkTruck, January 12, 2023)
- Free Resources for Trucking Operators to Protect Workers From Health Hazards (Fleet News Daily, January 12, 2023)
- AIHA Announces Free Resources to Protect Rail Worker Health, Safety (Railway Age, December 29, 2022)
- Industrial health organization offers resources for rail industry (Trains.com, December 29, 2022)
- AIHA provides free occupational health resources to freight-rail workers (Progressive Railroading, November 09, 2022)