September kicks off AIHA Worker Health & Safety Month. Throughout September, AIHA will identify a worker health and safety theme on which to focus. AIHA encourages you to take the I AM IH Leadership Challenge to help encourage more students to pursue careers in occupational and environmental health and safety (OEHS). To take the challenge and learn how to get involved visit our I am IH Challenge page.
As you reach out to middle and high schools to educate students about OEHS careers, we encourage you to contact the school administrators and facility managers about the IAQ of schools. Here are resources and an IAQ checklist for you to leave with them.
- Facility Manager checklist
- What my Job Taught me about my Daughters’ Safety at School
- Indoor Air Quality Resources
From Commit To C.A.R.E.
- Indoor Air Quality Tools
- HVAC Optimization Checklist (PDF)
- What is Ventilation and Why Is it Important to Reduce the Risk of Transmission? (Video)
From Environmental Protection Agency
- Care for Your Air: A Guide to Indoor Air Quality guidance document (PDF)
To launch AIHA's initiative, you may email your own community officials to request that they recognize September as "Worker Health and Safety Month".
Visit our proclamation page to learn more about how to submit a proclamation.